My Photo
Jude writes poetry and short stories. She has had several short stories published and is currently working on a YA novel and putting together a poetry collection. She lives in the West Country.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * POEM FOR THE WEEK * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Saturday, 6 April 2013

Could Be Verse

It ain’t fuckin’ poetry,
It’s just fuckin’ verse,
It ain’t fuckin’ brilliant,
But it could be fuckin’ worse.

At least I don’t my words invert
The rhythm to make fit
Or use crass colloquialisms
To rhyme with other shit.

My sentences is grammatical
My punctuations alway’s right
And their ain’t no spling mistakes
In the pottery wot I writes.

My themes is esoterical
My expressions erudite
My handwriting is… something or other...
In the pottery wot I writes

I never just repeat a phrase
To fill in extra space
In the pottery what I rights
The write word’s the in write place.

So maybe it ain’t poetry
And maybe it ain’t brill,
But it ain’t fuckin’ plagiarised
Cos nobody else writes pottery like wot I does.

2 comments:

Sally said...

I love this! Made me chuckle over my coffee. Thanks.

Jude Parsons said...

:-))

Total Pageviews